Professionally, Phil has substantial experience working with small nonprofits, having been the only staff person as Roots of Justice (an antiracism training program) got off the ground. He has applied and developed his skills with JustHope in establishing small-office systems and procedures, developing a CRM database, and revamping the website.
Phil’s skills include:
- Large project and multi-day meeting coordination
- Office management, including technology troubleshooting, networking and system administration
- Front-end Website development: WordPress, Joomla, html/css/js
- Software experience: Standard office productivity software (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations) from Microsoft, G Suite, OpenOffice, and Apple
- Constituency Resource Management database development and management, primarily CiviCRM
- Web app development: creating apps (using php) that allow board and volunteers to interact with the constituent database in a limited way through a simple interface
- Developing and leading multi-day antiracism workshops and facilitating small groups
He received a Master of Theological Studies degree from Duke Divinity School in 2002.